Monday, May 21, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #9

So it has been a busy weekend and I wasn't able to do anything much of anything on this project. I started up again today and I have reached a point where I needed to build a tool to progress. So today I spent a couple of hours building a router sled. The idea is that you can adjust the sled to hold the router at any planar angle needed. Here is what I created.



Using the router sled I "thicknessed" the piece of maple I am going to use for a laminate on my headstock. The below pic is the rough shape of what will be added.


Next I added a piece of maple to the truss rod channel to support the nut.

Different angle


Hoping to glue on the headstock laminate and the fretboard tomorrow. Once those two things are done it will be time for some serious progress.

No comments: