Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #10

Glued on a maple laminate to the headstock last night. Kinda makes it look like a shovel.



I was routing the new headstock laminate to size when suddenly: catastrophe!!!

I had some tear out on one of the ears.

So I am sitting looking at this and think "I can fix this". I look around and see sawdust everywhere. I am starting to feel a little bummed when H shows up. I tell her I can't find the piece that tore out and she looks at the floor covered in sawdust. I start to say "You are never gonna find it in there..." when she reaches down and grabs something. She hands it to me and says "How about this?" Talk about queen of the jigsaw puzzles. Wouldn't you know she found half of the tear out. I eventually found the other half a few feet away and glued the pieces back in place.

All clamped up. Finishing up the routing will have to wait until tomorrow when the glue dries thoroughly.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, ask H if she can find my sanity somewhere in that sawdust pile.