Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #15

Out of clamps and body shaping started.
First pass with the router.




Body shape is cleaned up. Starting weight after gluing the wings on was 8.7 lbs, weight after routing to shape 7.7 lbs. Next up is to drill the tuner holes, route out cavities for the pick ups and control cavity, and place the bridge. I did not put a neck to body angle on this guitar so I will most likely have to recess the bridge as well. There is still extensive carving work to be completed on the body so this is by no means the final shape.



Slight tearout. I think the router bit is getting a little dull. Thankfully this will disappear when I round over the back edge.

1 comment:

Black Wolf said...

Nice work...I can almost see it stained, going to be looking sweet.