Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #13

H was working today so I got to spend about 10 hours working in the garage. Made a good amount of progress but I am beat.

Side marker dots installed at fret locations 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21, and 24.


Shaping of the body to heel connection started.

Still going. . .

And still going. . .

Rough rounding of the neck begun.





Rough rounding completed. There are still a few places I can touch up a bit but I have had it for the day.


Tomorrow is beer brewing day followed up by grilling out. I most likely won't be getting anything done until Monday. Hope everyone has a fun, safe, and relaxing Memorial Day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy wow! Nice progress made today!

Chris said...

Do most bass guitars go up to 24 frets or are you trying to be cool? What are the fret dots? Decals under laminate? Any drilling required?

Jerry said...

24 frets is pretty standard. All 3 of my current basses have that setup. Depending on what scale is used you could potentially have up to 28 I believe. The fret marker dots are actually a thin plastic rod. It is about 3/32 in diameter. You drill a hole and put in a drop of super glue, push the rod into the hole and then cut flush with a razor blade.