Friday, May 25, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #12

Today I finished up the rough profile of the neck. Lots and lots of wood chips were cleaned up in the making of this post.


Pic for Sean who said he wanted to see the fretboard after the neck came out of the clamps.


Once again a gratuitous mock up shot. I started shaping the volute as well.


Tomorrow I will finish shaping the volute and rough in the transition from the neck to the body. If my package arrives like it is supposed to I will also be installing the side marker dots on the fretboard and possibly sanding the radius if I have time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WTF is a volute? =) It's looking more & more like a real guitar!!!

Black Wolf said...

Yea, looking good. Thanks for the pic! I am starting to be able to visualize the end result now.

And nice work so far, you are fast on your way to being an old pro at this!