Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #3

Not as much time to work on this as I would like but progress has been made. Here is a shot of the rough neck out of clamps. The long red thing next to the neck blank is the truss rod. To install the truss rod I have to route a 7/32" channel down the center of the neck blank at a depth of 7/16".

Close up of the "scarf joint".

Close up of the blank I picked up for the fretboard. This Bolivian Rosewood is gorgeous.

Last but not least is the drawing I put together to create my template for the body and headstock.

I have been itching to work on this project so I took tomorrow off of work to dedicate some more time to it. I will continue to take photos as I go along and will try to update soon.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ok, so you took the day off...need to see and hear more please.