Thursday, October 25, 2007

Feeling cool again

So last weekend I got to hook up with some good friends that I have not seen in a while and play some music. Granted we are not an all star band by any means. Jim just bought his first electric guitar and is still figuring out the intricacies of electric vs. acoustic and Chris and myself just really have not been playing much for the last few years. I have to say I had a blast. My fingers hurt like all sorts of swear words because they are as soft as a milk maids but that will change in time. I really have missed playing music and have been looking for an excuse to get a hobby that did not involve working on my house. I guess this is what I have been looking for because I cannot stop thinking about it. I have been playing both my bass and my classical guitar this week and I think I am going to restring my steel string and break out my electric as well. I guess I am a bit obsessive/compulsive but it is a nice break from working on the computer all the time. Before I started programming I had WoW, World of Warcraft for all you non techie folks. I could log in and kill people and waste all sorts of time on meaningless pixels. Now that I spend my days on the computer I really have no desire to do this even though killing people from Uzbekistan (sp?) with poor english skills is entertaining as hell. I have even started looking on ebay for a new bass. Surprisingly they are about 1/3 the price there as they are in the store. The guys are coming over to my house this weekend if all goes as planned and hopefully we will get at least one song down. Ya gotta start somewhere after all.

13 comments:

Nik said...

So now you guys need a band name. Something cool. =) And groupies. Can I be a groupie?? I'm a good groupie. I can fetch beer.

smirk

Jason said...

The latest band name I thought up:

Beef Cookie

Awesome, isn't it?

Heh.

Mike said...

Glad to hear about the Jam thing man. Reading your entry here reminded me of my brief stint as lead singer in the band with no name back in college. Good times man...good times.

Beef Cookie....WE SALUTE YOU!!

Nik said...

Ok, so doesn't Beef Cookie fly in the face of the whole "pescatarianism" thing???

Here's one - Hairy Navals. =)

Mike said...

Ewwwwww. How bout Clifford and the Red Hot Sloppies

Jason said...

Oh, one does not eat the Beef Cookie. One either is or is not the Beef Cookie.

The Beef Cookie can't be eaten. The Beef Cookie eats you!

Bwahahaha. Haha. Ha.

Jason said...

Besides, "Fish Cookie" is pretty funny, but not as funny as "Beef Cookie."

Anonymous said...

Ok, seriously, I'm having fun doing this, but if we're going to be called Beef Cookie, I'm going back to WoW.

Jerry said...

I am voting for Wampeerwithcysnapdoodle!!!

Jerry said...

umm. . .wampeerwitchysnapdoodle. . .thats what i meant.

Jason said...

Well, you guys can't be Beef Cookie. That's my name. You could be Wampawithasizeabledoodie--or whatever Jerry typed.

I get to be Beef Cookie.

Jim said...

What? I already got shirts and banners printed with Beef Cookie on it.

I guess we could turn it backwards so it reads "Hail Satan". But, I'm not sure that's the message heavy metal bands are known for...

Nik said...

Jas, can I be in Beef Cookie? I play a mean tambourine, plus I can sorta sing a little (I'm no Linda McCartney!)

And Jer... what in the HEdouble L is wampeerwitchysnapdoodle?!? It sounds like a belching toad.

Heey... now THERE's a name! =)