Thursday, October 18, 2007

MY SERVER IS UP!!!!!!

After basically the most stressful week of my entire life, today I was able to get my server back up. We had to replace the motherboard and I cannot believe the replacement price for a motherboard for a 7 year old server (actually I am not sure how old this thing is but it uses 4 - 700 mhz pentium III xeon processors if that means anything to you). Regardless the sucker is back up and running smoothly. I have caught up and actually advanced to beyond where I was last friday. Now I just have to figure out how to migrate this server to a newer more reliable server. That makes me wish I had spent more time playing with Linux server setups. Anyway, things are definitely better for the moment. Perhaps I wont hit 90 hours this week after all.

2 comments:

Nik said...

I believe your fixing of this server qualifies you as a "Dinosaur Surgeon". ;-)

Seriously, congrats tho. You've been working reeeeeally hard this week. I say you deserve several cold ones!

Black Wolf said...

Disaster recovery? What's that? Too bad Jim kept ignoring me and my suggestions.

And no, that's not Jim Pogemiller but it is a Jim P.