Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tis the season to get sick. . . wait what?

It is once again that time of year. Thoughts of turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Family gatherings and lazy days. Not to mention all the craziness of shopping for Christmas. This time of year also tends to bring sickness. I had been hoping that this year I would avoid the plague since I am not dealing directly with the public on a daily basis. I was wrong. H brought home something this past week that has knocked me out. My energy levels are very low and what little I can do wears me out quickly. I have been working from home for the past few days in an attempt to recover more quickly. I think I am almost there. I really hope so because I have a backlog of stuff to finish around the house in preparation for the cold weather. I still have to put plastic on 9 windows just for a start. I have also been trying to build a "loft" in my garage so I can improve on my storage and also so I can access the furnace mounted on my ceiling. I have made pretty good progress considering I have been ill. I have tried to put an hour or two a night in on the project and am hoping the framing and flooring will be done by late sunday. I am also looking forward to the guys coming over again this saturday to play music again. We are sucking less every week. Pretty soon we might even be good enough to be heard by the general public. Well soon enough anyway.

Work is still crazy as hell but I feel like I am getting a better handle on stuff. I have two new people lined up to start in my department. Now I not only have to do all the work but I also have to train people in. What fun!!! This should eventually make it possible for me to have somewhat of a social life again and I am really looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Nik said...

::looks back & forth between Jer & Jas:: Ya know, you BOTH need to get some immune systems.

Hell, either that or we'll order you both plastic bubbles. =)

Unknown said...

You guys need to visit. It's 79 degrees here - no colds are allowed! :D

Jason said...

In my logic class, we deal with the disjunction. It's the basic dilemma, in which either one thing is true or the other thing is true. We generally deal with "inclusive or" so the statement is only wrong if both of its disjuncts are false.

I have yet to meet with the circumstance in which neither you nor H is sick. The two of you pass it back and forth like a badminton shuttle. When you're not sharing it more intimately.

What I'm saying is:
J = Jer is sick.
H = H is sick.
J v H = Either J or H

There is no time where this statement is false, if taken as an inclusive or.

That should not be the case.

Nik said...

::stares blankly at Jason::

Um.... wha?????

Damn, I need more frakkin' Percocet. Or more alcohol. Or possibly both!

whoot whoot!