Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble gobble!

Another turkey day has passed and with it (aside from the poor turkey) another cold. I am finally feeling sorta human after spending most of my vacation in bed or on the couch. I spent entirely too much time working during my time off. That would include ANY time I spent working. Of course you can do that even when you are sick. . . if you are sitting on the couch. . .
We tried to enjoy ourselves this holiday. As much as you can when you are trying repeatedly to hack up a lung. We spent several hours at my in-laws on thursday and did the traditional dinner. Some of H's family were in town and then some we just don't get the chance to see very often. Saturday J & M and of course Mrs. B came over for a holiday meal. I will admit that I pushed for it to be at my house since I am practically chained to my laptop. I think it went pretty well. Mom got here around 8am and she and I started getting the turkey ready. We ran to the store and barely got back in time for J & M to arrive. We had a great meal and it was good to see J & M again. I don't get to see/talk with them nearly enough since they moved. H & I had to pass on their offer to go up to the Bone for drinks etc. that evening. Once our drugs wore off we were back to coughing like crazy. We ended up vegging on the couch and being as lazy as possible on Sunday. H is still coughing a lot but I think we are both nearly healthy again. I can't wait. I just left the house for the 2nd time in a week today to go to work. I have been cooped up for so long I am almost looking forward to Christmas shopping. That alone speaks volumes. Anyway, I hope everyone is well and has a happy, safe, and healthy holiday season.

No comments: