Friday, June 29, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #22

Not a whole lot to show at this point. Still sanding. The whole bass is being sanded to 600 grit and will then be wiped down and the clear coat will be added. First however I need to finish my headstock inlay. I have cut it out of rosewood (pictured below) but need to do a little more smoothing. After the inlay is ready I can cut the pocket for it in the headstock. I am a little nervous about doing this as I could screw the headstock up with any minor mistake. It is possible I will chicken out and just use a decal this time around.

Rough cut inlay. Soda tab included to show scale.


Addendum:
Smoothed out the inlay and decided to take the plunge. I have to order some really tiny router bits for my dremel so it will be a couple of days before I have an update but here is a sneak peak as to how it will look if I do not screw up.

1 comment:

Black Wolf said...

That inlay rocks. Simple but distinctive. If you have any doubts let me chime in with a "Take the plunge!"