Tuesday, December 12, 2006

No rest for the wicked

I have been keeping very busy lately. I have not really sat aside the time to update this blog but as I previously stated, I am really not that good at putting things down. Work has been good but the Monday - Saturday schedule pretty much sucks. I have been trying to spend a couple of hours a night working on the house and at the rate I am going I should have the inside painted by spring. I did promise that I would take a break from painting until after the holidays. I still however have to do some carpet cleaning and I have to reassemble a bathroom. It is still undetermined whether or not we will be hosting any out of state guests over Christmastime. The holidays have come again with their various unexpected crises. The wife's car has been acting funny lately. As a former motorhead I am fairly stumped with its behavior. The battery has died without reason 3 times now. Once after replacing it with a brand spankin' new Sears and Roebuck "Die Hard". Now this poor car has been through a lot in the last few years and has held up remarkably well. Last winter Wife(tm) was in an accident and broke her headlight. Now all of the sudden the damn thing won't stay in place!!! It had been flopping about while driving and now the blinkers don't work. I will be working on that this evening. It is a good think I can carpool to work in the morning. Oh, wait. I did not have to carpool this morning. It was 62 fucking degrees in my bedroom this morning and dropping when I awoke! I guess I get to work from home and pay 50 bucks to have someone out to tell me the BRAND NEW FUCKING THERMOSTAT that I just put in is a COMPLETE PIECE OF BROKEN SHIT!!! At least it was not more serious, but when I inspect the new thermostat I realize that it has been installed somewhere before! Man I love exclamation points! I think I am going to use them more often!!!!!!! Now what kind of scheming cheap ass returns a thermostat that has obviously been installed for quite a while (the mounting plate was yellowed with age)? And what in my hurry to install said device caused me to miss this? I don't have any answers. I will look a bit more closely at the second coming of "Thermostat" in any case. Anyway, I had to spew a little bile forth for the holiday spirit. Now I will be taking the advice of my mother and "chilling out". At least until it gets warm in here again. . .

2 comments:

Mike said...

Owning a house is a blessing and a curse I you ask me. You finally get one and then you discover all the work that goes into owning said home.

Jason said...

Sooooooo. Are you still there?