Friday, March 16, 2007

Keep on keepin' on

Life has started to fall into a very steady pattern lately. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I work, come home, work on the house, make dinner, work on the house some more, and go to bed. Except on the weekends. Friday I work pretty much from 7:30 a.m. until around 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I go home, sleep for a few hours and then work for another 10 or so. Sunday is pretty much recovery day. I typically end up getting out of bed between 1 and 3 in the afternoon and try to be lazy for the rest of the day because I know it is all going to start again on Monday. The good news, and main reason for this post is that we have finally rented our townhouse. Basically it is a contract for deed type rental. I get to spend a year playing land lord and hopefully at the end of this time we will close. This being said it means that I can now consider at least cutting back on my hours at the bar. Since I had been hoping to "retire" from bartending in January I guess this isn't as great as it could be but I would like to restock the cupboards and refill the coffers before I finally feel comfortable cutting back to one job. I am highly anticipating that day. Not only will I actually have a little free time but I will also have more time to finish stuff up around the house. I am now officially one room away from being done painting my main level and 3 rooms away from being done painting the top 2 floors. There are so many things I would like to do this summer on the outside of the house or in the yard, yet I really want to finish this painting up first. I figure I have been painting for pretty much 4 years solid with only minor breaks. Anyway, that is pretty much all for the moment. If all goes as normal I will probably get another post in here in a month or so. I will try to shoot for something sooner though.

6 comments:

Mike said...

The joys of homownership. Congrats on the rental stuff.

Jason said...

Hooray for the townhouse thingy! Maybe one of these weeks we can hang out and you can get your burfday stuff.

Mike said...

Glad to hear about the Townhome man...it would be good one of these nights to be able to have a few beers with you on our side of the bar

Mike said...

Dude...all we are here to do is work procreate and nest. Glad to hear about the Townhome..good deal.

Jason said...

So. How about dropping an update or something. Get in practice, for when we leave town =).

Nik said...

Yeah, what Jason said. Geez, you'd think you had a life or something for cryin' out loud. ;)