Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bass guitar build Post #24

Not much to report. Took a week up at Gull Lake with some friends and got some relaxation time. My buddies uncle stopped by for a couple days and had to show us up by catching this 29 inch walleye. We tried to set it free but due to the warm temps we couldn't revive him. He was delicious. We made a beer batter with our homebrewed IPA and fried him up in strips. =)


It has been way too hot to work in the garage lately anyway. It started to cool off a little this week so I started building a collapsible paint booth. I still have a little sanding to do on the bass but it got so humid out it began to swell a little so it is inside right now losing moisture.

This is the start of the frame for the paint booth. I have designed it with hinges so I can fold it up and store it when it is not in use.

Added plastic and taped the seams with tyvek tape. I still have to build the floor and the top before it is ready to be put to use. I am hoping I can finish it up tomorrow night and get the bass ready to start the finish by Sunday.

No comments: